Another opportunity for meaningful Christmas giving: the $140 BundiNutrition Give-A Goat. For more information, check http://www.whm.org/project/details?ID=12375, or click on the WHM tab above and go to projects, then Give-A Goat. Below I have excerpted some of the text from the site. . . .
In the last year, BundiNutrition Project provided care for 220 kids hospitalized with severe acute malnutrition and provided outpatient care for 359 children suffering from moderate to acute malnutrition. We also provided care for children in two high-risk groups: 61 infants whose mothers had died in childbirth and 68 infants born to HIV-positive mothers. The children in these two groups benefited through our Matiti Goat project, which distributed 120 goats to their families. Other families were shown the love of Christ through our chicken project which gave out 10,000 eggs.
Would you be willing to make a donation of $140 this Christmas to support the Bundi Nutrition program? Funds will be used to:
- Buy food and milk for children who are severely or moderately malnourished, or at extreme risk due to the death of their mother or to HIV infection, and
- Support community-level changes in nutrition practices through the introduction of dairy goats and through education and outreach.
- $1/day buys milk or baby formula to ensure the survival of a baby whose mother dies in the first few months of his life.
- $15 buys enough milk to resuscitate a severely malnourished child.
- $140 buys a dairy goat which can be bred with local goats to improve milk production and provide protein supplementation to children.
For the fourth consecutive year, we are offering African handmade Christmas tree ornaments to the first 100 Give-a-Goat Ornament donors. Merry Christmas from all of us here in Bundibugyo!