rotating header

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Road Trip Birthday--over the speed limit and accelerating

Monday was the last day of our 6,500+ mile month-long road trip (Sago, WV to Seattle, WA and back by road, not counting the Alaska loop by air).  It was also my birthday (hint for which year in the title . . ). In honor of the event, I got the FRONT SEAT for the final leg AND the option to call the stops.  This is a family in which I am the shortest/smallest so generally I sit in the middle of the back, and a family who can get in the car and drive 17 hours stopping only minutes for gas/bathroom breaks,  so that is a bigger gift than you might realize.

Amazing pastries and smiles at Birthday base, ground zero:
Baby Luke and Emily, a medical-mom hero.

A small-batch local roastery gave us Birthday stop one,
Because a caffeinated mom is a lot more fun.

A throwback to childhood for birthday stop two,
the turtle-pecan-cluster blizzard for lunch at DQ.

A hike in a park amidst chipmunks and trees
Immersion in nature for birthday stop three.

After a month away, a practical stop number four,
Stocking up on food from the grocery store.

Reaching Buckhannon for stop number five,
we caught half of a world cup match live.

Home at last, my true love and the flowers he picks
As we walked to meadow for treat number six.

In West Virginia, also known as "Almost Heaven," 
We met my mom at our farm for Birthday treat seven.

The Birthday draws to a close with event number eight,
Family, dinner by Julia, and gifts to celebrate.



Thanks to God for 56 good years, thanks to my Mom for my life and my Dad for this farm, thanks to Scott for family and love.  And to friends and supporters for partnering with us all these years.






No comments: