rotating header

Friday, July 06, 2007

Chemotherapy Round 2



Kabajungu Margaret (whom I erroneously have been calling Kabugho Margaret) heads back to Kampala for her second round of chemotherapy tomorrow. She came smiling shyly to our kitubbi today, and Scott showed her father how the tumor had shrunk from filling most of her lower abdomen to a manageable 4 x 9 cm. I’m daring to hope that she can be cured, that a few hundred dollars could mean the difference between life and death for her. I heard a Lubwisi proverb today that the stone that is not on your road should not bother you . . . . But this little girl became a stone in my path, something God called me to act upon in faith, and through me perhaps a handful of blog readers who are praying for her. She has far to go, but there is hope.

2 comments:

claire said...

prasie the Lord!

Anonymous said...

she's beautiful. I'll pray.
Allie Stryd