rotating header

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Down and Out

Haven't been feeling so well for a few days, and then at 2 am the fever just shook me right out of bed.  I can't remember the last time I spent 24 hours straight in bed.  And it's not over yet.  Not malaria (test negative), just some random virus I guess.  Meaning that Scott has had to work and then provide the meals and clean-up and homework help alone, including a little Bday party for a neighbor whose parents are on furlough.  And meaning that my paeds team friends graciously covered the work of the day and my call tonight.  

AND meaning that we missed Jack's first rugby game, and Caleb's second.  We're 0 for 3 now in attendance, which is rather painful, as it was supposed to be one of the major perks of being here, and makes me wonder what God is telling us . . . The teams are however 3 for 0 on wins.  Caleb scored 7 on conversions and a penalty kick in his team's 22-0 victory.  Jack scored 3 tries and 3 conversions which should add up to 21 of his team's 45 points (he's a little vague on the details).  All those people who told us all our lives "that boy should play American football" . . well, this is the closest he'll get, and he's loving it.  

So, as the fever starts to climb again, retreating under the covers for yet more sleep, and hoping to emerge for Julia's volleyball game tomorrow (oh, and clinic, though I probably won't expose the nursery babies even if this thing resolves by morning).  Pray for Scott to be miraculously protected from this bug, and the rest of the family.  





No comments: