rotating header

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Home Alone . . .

Well, I’m never really alone, but our team of 27 has pared down to five—me, Caleb, Julia, Jack and our short term nurse Larissa, with everyone else in various stages of errands and meetings and vacations out of the district.  Within a couple of days they’ll all be trickling back in.  Solitude opens space to sense the ever present Christ; community is the context in which Jesus reveals His resurrected self.  Both are true, and life needs some rhythm of experiencing solitude and community in balance.  I’m thankful for the interdependence we have as a team, and praying that I can embrace the breathing space of this small fraction of a week.  Right now I just find myself edgy with goodbyes, edgy with the death of two kids on my ward this morning while I desperately tried to get them blood transfusions (too late), edgy with the sense of loose ends sending Scott with business and shopping to accomplish,  edgy with responsibility for those left in my care.  So prayers for the “home alone” handful of us would be much appreciated.

No comments: