rotating header

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

A Chameleon, A Boy, and A Quest


Friends, this is really happening.  

Ten years ago, I wrote a short novel for my kids for Christmas.  I wanted them to read a story set in their own world, with African heroes, where capital-T Truth was woven into adventure that glimpses the unseen world.  That became a family tradition, with four young-adult novels whose characters are loosely connected appearing annually on Christmas Eve for four years.

On October 6, this book will be published by New Growth Press, with illustrations by none other than our very own Acacia Masso.  You can pre-order at a 40% discount for a limited time, by clicking here.  Or if for some reason you want to use Amazon (full price), then order here.  Or just google it.  

I am expectant, hopeful, nervous.  I would like this to sell enough to inspire all four to be published, because I truly believe these books represent an area of the world I love with respect and depth, and use story to draw us into hope.  I also think they are just good, engaging stories (and evidently the few people who read the early copy for endorsements had nice things to say which you can read on the New Growth Press site).  Maybe I just don't want to let my kids down, since this was for them.

Anyway, if you're looking for Christmas presents for people in your life, consider shopping now.  Most appropriate for about age 8-14, but our whole family read them aloud together.  Please share with your friends!


3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so excited about this! Can't wait to get it!

Larisochka said...

Lovely! Looking very forward to seeing and reading it! And just FYI...it is the same price on Amazon once you've factored in shipping cost with NGP...so I think that's how that worked... :)

Eli and Krista said...

This is wonderful! I'm encouraged and inspired because I often wonder whether I'll have time/opportunity to work on creative writing while also being a missionary. We leave for Kenya next year and sometimes I worry that I'll never have the chance for creative output. I'm so glad you were able to write these stories during your years on the mission field and now have found a way to publish them. We'll be buying a copy. Congrats!