rotating header

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pouring In . . .

We have fallen into a good school vacation rhythm this week. The boys we sponsor hang out every day, Luke's two best friends from Fort Portal have been staying with us for four days, and my kids are having a good time. They read and do math/science reviews together in the mornings, then move to cards and games. When I get home from the hospital we all eat lunch, which I am having cooked in mass quantities (usually a dozen or more mouths to feed) daily by my competent and efficient neighbor Asita. After lunch we do a short Bible study, then the group has been voluntarily attacking our pitiful garden. Scotticus will be relieved to know it has been resurrected and transformed. Lastly they all play soccer for a couple of hours, preferably with Miss Ashley joining in. Since all of my students are on the school team, it is a pretty intense game. I am really thankful for this time of relatively normal life, for the relationships we have, for the opportunity to exhort and encourage, for the semblance of acceptance my kids have in this group. These kids are the future of Bundibugyo, and beyond. It is a great privilege to pour a little of ourselves into them.

No comments: